The partners will host students for 1 to 3 semesters and award degrees. They have the vocation to create a joint degree throughout the programme.
- The Universities of Université Sorbonne Paris Nord and Université de Paris – Sorbonne Paris Cité (France) have founded the “Sorbonne-Paris-Cité” Research and Higher Education Cluster of excellence (COMUE) and thus confirm their position in global scientific and teaching competition. They are famed for their research and teaching based on institutional economics. The University of Paris 13 is well renowned for its research centre (CEPN – CNRS UMR 7234) in the fields of industrial economics, international macroeconomics and finance, and the economics of emerging countries (especially in Latin-America and Asia). It is involved in 3 research labs of excellence (LABEX) in economics (innovation, culture and finance), labelled after a national competition. It is also a key player the “Condorcet” Campus of excellence in social sciences gathering the best national institutions in the field, offering the necessary resources for world-class research and professional integration. The University of Paris 7 brings additional knowledge and skills on territorial development, environment and social and solidarity economy. It also brings interdisciplinary approaches through its research lab (LADYSS – CNRS UMR 7533) composed of economists, geographers, sociologists and political scientists.
- The University of Turin (Italy) is noted for its excellence in the economics of knowledge and innovation, and its integration of political science and economics;
- The Berlin School of Economics and Law (Germany) is renowned for its expertise on the link between growth and income distribution, and the macroeconomics of crisis, recovery and development;
- The Kingston University (United-Kingdom) has an established reputation for political economy and analysis of contemporary issues such as the causes of the financial and economic crisis and the causes and consequences of economic and social inequality. Its Political Economy Research Group is one of Britain’s leading political economy research centres in the field of economics;
- The University of Witwatersrand (Wits) (South Africa)‘s reputation is built on research and academic excellence. It is the only university in South Africa in the top 1% in the world in seven defined research fields according to the ISI international rankings. It offers a leading inter-disciplinary post-graduate programme in development studies, and is involved in many world-class networks